Today’s Word of Strength
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound
Brothers and sisters in Christ,
I believe that if you woke up this morning with a right mind according to the Word of
God you should give God praise. Did you notice I didn’t say your right mind?
Because some people wake up everyday thinking and even believing they are sane
according to their mind. You see, apart from the Word of God all thinking is relative.
You think your way and I think my way. However, God has set a standard and His
standard says through His power we should have a sound/disciplined mind. Not a
mind that switches day by day from the left to the right. That would be categorized
as an unstable mind. As believers in Jesus Christ we should let our thoughts and
actions be governed by the Word of God and that’s our assurance we are using a
Look here at some definitions Webster’s dictionary has for the word sound as it is
used in the above reference text.
sound2 P Pronunciation Key (sound)
adj. sound•er, sound•est
1. Free from defect, decay, or damage; in good condition.
2. Free from disease or injury. See Synonyms at healthy.
3. Having a firm basis; unshakable: a sound foundation.
4. Financially secure or safe: a sound economy.
a. Based on valid reasoning: a sound observation. See Synonyms at valid.
b. Free from logical flaws: sound reasoning.
6. Thorough; complete: a sound flogging.
7. Deep and unbroken; undisturbed: a sound sleep.
8. Free from moral defect; upright.
9. Worthy of confidence; trustworthy.
10. Showing common sense and good judgment; levelheaded.
It is my prayer brothers and sisters that we all measure the soundness of our minds
against the Word of God. Amen.
Michael W. Roy